High School / Guidance Counselors
You see them walking through the halls. They have the potential to become an effective leader, accomplished learner and valued contributor to our community. They might not even know the potential is within, but you see it!
When you see these young women and men, encourage them to aspire higher and consider Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College. Here you will find what you need to help your students make an informed decision as well as the steps they need to take to apply.
Resources for You and Your Students
- Is SMWC the right fit for your students? Download our Quick Facts to learn more about The Woods.
- Explore over 25 undergraduate majors offered at SMWC.
- Encourage young women and men to schedule a campus visit or attend one of the admission events.
- Campus ministry at The Woods provides students with experiences in service learning, community involvement and faith development.
- As a student at SMWC, your students will participate in time-honored traditions.
- SMWC provides many opportunities for student leadership and involvement through clubs and organizations.
- SMWC athletes comprise nearly 30 percent of all campus students. Discuss the athletics opportunities with your student athletes.
- Discover how your students can excel in the Honors Program at The Woods.
- Review the Admission Standards and criteria for evaluating applications.
- To apply, students will need to complete the free online application.
- Official high school transcripts and test scores (ACT code 1242, SAT code 1704) are required and can be sent to Office of Undergraduate Admission Rooney Library, Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College, 1 St Mary of Woods Coll, Saint Mary of the Woods, IN 47876-1099.
- Learn more about the financial aid and scholarship opportunities SMWC provides.
- After being admitted to SMWC, students will need to complete the Enrollment Deposit form.
The College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and approved for teacher training by the Indiana Department of Education and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).