- M.P.A. in Policy Analysis – University of Colorado
- Masters in National Security Studies, Distinguished Graduate – National War College
- Senior Officials in National Security Seminar – Harvard University
- B.A. in Economics and Sociology, Magna Cum Laude – University of Colorado
- Economic and community development consultant for local governments in Rocky Mountain energy development areas
- Department of Defense budget and policy analyst serving in the Pentagon, the Executive Office of the President, and U.S. Air Force headquarters in Europe
- Adjunct instructor at the undergraduate level in political science (ISU and SMWC); and business, economics, and history (SMWC)
- Adjunct instructor at the graduate level in public administration (ISU); and in earth literacy and leadership development (SMWC).