Graduate Assistantships in Music Therapy
Qualifications: Board Certification in Music Therapy; admission into MA in Music Therapy program.
Description (position one): Graduate/Teaching Assistant
- Teaching: Teach one undergraduate class per semester on campus or in MTED program (under supervision of Music Therapy faculty).
- Administrative duties: Copying, filing, organizing, shredding, running errands, doing web-based research.
- Residency preparation and clean up (MAMT and MTED).
- Recruitment Activities: Recruit for SMWC Music Therapy programs at regional and/or national conference
- Must live within 60 minutes of campus.
Description (position two): Graduate/ Clinical Coordination Assistant
- Identify potential practicum and internship placements for MTED students.
- Discuss sites and potential supervisors with MTED Program Coordinator to determine appropriate placements for each student in a particular semester.
- Contact those MT-BCs as directed by the Program Coordinator.
- Establish affiliation agreements and/or contracts with sites, going through proper channels with the site and with the College. Ensure these documents are passed on to Program Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Keep excellent records of all contact with sites, supervisors, students, and Program Coordinator.
- Represent the College is a professional and ethical manner at all times.
- Must have prior experience as a Clinical Supervisor and be willing to commit to at least 2 consecutive semesters to this position.
Application: A complete resume, including undergraduate transcripts and three recent recommendations, must accompany each application. Send these items, along with which GA position you are applying for, to .
Deadline for all GA application materials: May 13, 2017