Master of Education (M.Ed.)
The Teacher as Leader in Curriculum and Instruction
We are teaching out this program to our current students but will no longer be accepting applications for it.
One-Year Online Program
The Master of Education (M.Ed.) program is tailored for women and men who wish to pursue a graduate degree in education. The 36-credit hour program is designed to be completed in one year using a mostly online format, with face-to-face group seminars at the beginning and end of each course. This requires a total of six weekend visits to campus and one additional Saturday for final project presentations.
- Improve your assessment and accountability skills
- Become familiar with action research skills which have implications for student learning
- Learn how to better use technology in your classroom
- Develop effective grant writing skills
- Gain confidence and skills needed to take on leadership roles in curriculum development
- Knowledge cultivated through the M.Ed. program is practical and immediately applicable to your own classroom!
Accreditations and Recognition
Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College is regionally accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of North Central Association of Colleges & Schools.
The Master of Education (M.Ed.) program at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College is ranked among the top colleges and universities in the Midwest by U.S. News and World Report.