All applicants to our distance-based programs must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Personal essay (at least 500 words) describing the reasons you want to enroll in our distance education program
- TOEFL score (if English is your second language)
- Professional résumé
If you have NOT successfully completed (receiving a grade C or above) at least 15 credit hours of college-level work, you will need to submit the following:
- High school transcripts
- GED records (if applicable)
- College academic transcripts (if applicable)
- Letter(s) of recommendation (not from immediate family members) sent directly to SMWC
- SAT or ACT scores (if you have graduated from high school fewer than five years ago)
If you HAVE successfully completed at least 15 credit hours of college-level work, you will need to submit the following:
- College academic transcripts
Instructions for Transition to Teaching Licensure Students
If you are applying to our post-baccalaureate transition to teaching licensure program, you must complete the application for admission and the Accelerated Teacher Licensure Supplemental Information, both found in our online application system.
Additionally, transition to teaching licensure students need to have recommendations made using the Transition to Teaching Licensure Program Recommendation Form.
Send application materials to:
Office of Distance Admission
Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College
1 St Mary of Woods Coll
Saint Mary of the Woods, IN 47876-1099
You may fax materials to:
Official College Transcripts
Federal law requires college transcripts be sent directly from the originating college where the coursework was completed. We cannot accept transcripts sent or delivered by students.