Applying for Financial Aid
Funding your education may seem like a daunting task, but we are here to guide you through the process and answer any questions you may have.
6 easy steps for applying for financial aid.
Use your browsers print function for a printable friendly version of this, or any other page on our website.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
You need to complete the FAFSA as soon as possible. You can estimate tax information if necessary.
NOTE: The Financial Aid Office may request documentation pertaining to the information submitted on the FAFSA.
Indiana residents must file their FAFSA prior to March 10th to be considered for Indiana State Assistance Grants. Failure to file will result in the potential loss of grant monies.
- Review the Student Aid Report (SAR)
You will receive information from the U.S. Department of Education after you complete the FAFSA. Review this report, known as the Student Aid Report (SAR), to insure the information is accurate. If necessary, follow the instructions to make corrections.
- Submit paperwork as requested by the Financial Aid Office
Our office may request paperwork including tax documents,a verification worksheet and occassionally other documents may be required for verification purposes. Our office will contact you to request these documents, if needed.
- Confirm you have been fully admitted to the college
Make sure you are classified as a Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College degree-seeking student. This is required for you to be considered for aid.
- Review your financial aid award letter
The letter will show your estimated aid and costs of attending SMWC. If you are declining any awards, please sign and return the award letter signifying which awards you are declining.
Be sure you understand the conditions of the awards you accept. Contact the Financial Aid Office if you have any questions or concerns - (812) 535-5100 or email email@example.com
- Complete the MPN (Master Promissory Note)
If you are accepting student loans. Go to the "Loan Program" tab on the Financial Aid homepage and complete the Entrance Interview and required MPN.
Immediately inform the SMWC Financial Aid Office if you receive an award or financial aid from any other source (such as a scholarship not directly associated with SMWC). A change in your resources may affect your financial aid.
- You must reapply for Federal/State grants each year by completing the FAFSA.
- Institutional awards will be renewed annually based on eligibility criteria.
- Student loans will automatically be disbursed annually unless the student declines them by contacting the Financial Aid Office.
- Parents must reapply annually for the PLUS loan.
Feel free to contact the Financial Aid Office with your questions or concerns.
Call (812) 535-5100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.