Mission & Values
The mission of the Human Resources Department is to provide courteous and excellent service as well as providing support and assistance with recruitment, retention, compensation, benefits, and training to the College’s employees.
The Human Resources Department provides support to the College’s mission, values, visions, and objectives by administering a wide-range of human resource services that:
- Provide employees with educational opportunities for lifelong learning to enhance employee's personal and professional growth.
- To help recruit, retain and develop a highly competent, diverse workforce that supports the mission, vision and values of SMWC.
- Provide services to a diverse group of employees as well as students.
- Treat everyone with empathy, understanding, dignity, and create an environment of openness, trust and respect.
- Strive to exhibit the vision and values of the College in day-to-day activities.
- Provide support for faculty and staff concerning decisions that affect them.
- Follows affirmative action hiring practices to encourage racial and ethnic diversity in the workplace.
- Provide professional guidance to college administrators, faculty, and staff to promote, recruit, and retain qualified employees.
- Create and maintain an environment that supports, develops and cares for the well-being of the employees.