The Learning Resource Center provides writing assistance during our open tutoring hours of 8:30 AM- 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday. Students are encouraged to schedule an appointment in advance, but walk-ins are welcome.
Campus-based and Woods Online students may receive help in a variety of written and oral communication categories including:
- Idea Development
- Topic / Thesis Development
- Conventions and Organization Refinement
- Writing and Self-Evaluation Strategies
- Creative Writing Techniques
- Research Strategies and Sources
- Proper Citation Methods
- Six-Trait Evaluation
- Oral Presentation Strategies
- Speech Delivery
- Visual Aid Development
- Other services are tailored to the need of individual students.
Writing assistance services are free to SMWC students.