Type of work for soup kitchen
- Preparing food
- Serving lunch
- Will need to start at 8:30 a.m. and work through 2 p.m.*
- Read volunteer booklet
- Wear appropriate clothing
- closed-toe shoes
- Warning time not required, but helpful
- Best time to volunteer is on Friday but any other day is helpful
- Students should bring ID and service form
- Bethany House website
*Volunteering with Bethany House is not a full 8 hours of work. Employees using work time to volunteer will need to fill an additional 2 volunteer hours with another charity the same day as volunteering for Bethany House or another day within the same pay period. Any of the other Catholic Charity options work best as they are centrally located.
Campus Ministry will coordinate all employee and student volunteer days. The process is outlined on the Volunteer Process page.