Career opportunities are everywhere. Encourage your student to explore them.
January is a time of new beginnings for most. At SMWC we’re beginning a new academic semester and students have new opportunities to explore their career interests, gain experience, and position themselves for future success! The Career Development Center (CDC) offers a wide-array of services and resources, specifically tailored to meet the needs of today’s students. But…no matter how many programs are offered, it won’t help your student if she doesn’t take advantage of the opportunities. So, whether she’s still trying to figure out what she wants to be when she grows up or has a laser beam focus on her primary goal, the CDC staff can offer support and guidance.
Students seeking summer jobs and internships, as well as those exploring graduate study and/or full-time employment are encouraged to contact the CDC for an appointment to talk to one of our dedicated staff. Additionally, here are some opportunities that will provide Pomeroys with valuable career information, networking connections, and internship/employment leads:
(Rooney Library – President’s Room from noon – 1:00 p.m.)
- Jan. 15 – Dress for Success
- Jan. 25 – Leads & Referrals
- Feb. 5 – Interviewing
- Mar. 5 – Skills
- Apr. 2 – Professionalism
- Feb. 20 – Career Opportunity Fair; Terre Haute, IN (co-hosted with Indiana State University)
- Feb. 21 – Collegiate Career Expo; Indianapolis, IN (Hosted by the College Career Center Consortium)
- Mar. 1 – The Mane Event – Equine Professional Applications
- Apr. 24 – Teacher Candidate Interview Day
*Transportation available upon request