Prepare to make a difference
We highly recommend you begin the MAMT application process as soon as possible.
Priority Deadline: February 28
Applications received after this deadline will be considered if space allows.
Final Deadline: June 1
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 / 4.0 or higher on any undergraduate work.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalency program in music therapy.
- Proof of Board Certification (MT-BC Certificate).
- Nine hours of psychology (including Abnormal Psychology).
In order to apply for the master of music therapy program, you must submit the following:
- Completed online application.
- Official college transcripts sent directly to us from the college or university you attended.
- Biographic statement.
- Two letters of recommendation from someone who can assess your professional or academic experience.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Undergraduate degree or credential in music therapy, if you are not a MT-BC you may be interested in the distance music therapy equivalency program (MTED) offered through Woods Online.
- Audition: two contrasting pieces on your primary instrument (sent via YouTube link, mp4, or CD).
International Application Requirements
- College transcripts. Course-by-course transcript evaluations, translated in English and converted to a US grading scale, must be requested by WES, World Education Services, wes.org, or ECE, Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc, ece.org.
- Official TOEFL scores (We require a minimum score of 62 for the internet based test and 500 on the paper based test). Other English proficiency tests may be accepted and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Applications are processed upon receipt and acceptance letters are mailed within 30 days. All application materials should be submitted to: