The Alumni Association of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College is governed by a board of directors composed of volunteers who represent the more than 9,000 living alumni. The SMWC Alumni Association Board of Directors serves the College with a goal to advance the mission of the College. This group of dedicated volunteers does this by enhancing the on-going communication between alumni and the College in conjunction with the Office of Advancement, developing and providing services and programs for the enrichment of the alumni, and assisting in enrollment, advancement and marketing efforts for the College.
Alumni Association Board of Directors Meeting Schedule
The Alumni Association Board of Directors meets three times a year:
- Homecoming: October 6-7, 2023
- February 2-3, 2024
- Reunion: May 31 – June 2, 2024
Alumni Association Board of Directors Nomination Process
Thank you for taking time to nominate yourself or a fellow alumnus for a position on the Alumni Association Board of Directors. All nominations received on or before October 20 will be considered for service to begin the following fiscal year (July 1 – June 30).
The Nominating Committee of the Alumni Association Board of Directors will vet all nominees. This process includes a virtual interview of nominees conducted by a Nominating Committee member. Final candidates for the Alumni Association Board will be voted on at the winter Board meeting.
Nominees who were not selected for candidacy will remain on the active nomination list for two years. If, after two years, the nominee has not been selected, she or he may be nominated or self-nominated for the next nomination cycle. For more information, contact the Office of Alumni Relations at 888-769-0013 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Potential board candidates will:
- Utilize personal experience, expertise and wisdom to contribute to the future of the SMWC;
- Demonstrate outreach to alumni through personal connections, proactive engagement and ongoing participation in local area SMWC activities;
- Commit to supporting alumni activities, such as attend Reunion Weekend and Homecoming and contribute annually to SMWC;
- Commit to attend three Alumni Association Board of Director Meetings annually; and faithfully serve a three-year term.
In addition, all Board Members will be asked to sign the SMWC Alumni Association Board of Directors Commitment Form each year. Click here to see a copy of the form.