The Alumni Association of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College is governed by a board of directors composed of volunteers who represent the nearly 8,000 living alumni. The SMWC Alumni Association Board of Directors serves the College with a goal to advance the mission of the College. This group of dedicated volunteers does this by enhancing the on-going communication between alumni and the College in conjunction with the Office of Advancement, developing and providing services and programs for the enrichment of the alumni, and assisting in enrollment, advancement and marketing efforts for the College.
Board of Directors Meeting Schedule
The Alumni Association Board of Directors meets three times a year. The 2021-2022 schedule is:
- Reunion: May 21-23, 2021
- Homecoming: October 1-2, 2021
- February 4-5, 2022
- Reunion: May 20-22, 2022
Board of Directors Nomination Process
Thank you for taking the time to nominate a fellow alumna/alumnus for a position on the Alumni Association Board of Directors. The Nominating Committee of the Alumni Association will meet once a year to review all submitted nominations and will select new members. Nominees remain on the nomination list for two years. If, after two years, the nominee has not been selected, he/she may be re-nominated for another two year period.
Potential board candidates will possess the following:
- Desire to use personal experience, expertise and wisdom to provide a solid future for SMWC;
- Willingness to encourage other alums to connect, engage and commit to supporting SMWC;
- Personal tangible demonstration of support such as involvement in Alumni activities (i.e. Reunion, Homecoming, class notes, area gatherings), financial support, or participation in Career Development activities for students;
- Previous non-profit board experience is useful; and
- Ability to serve a 3-year term.
In addition, all Board Members will be asked to sign the SMWC Alumni Association Board of Directors Commitment Form each year. Click here to see a copy of the form.