Do you want to grow your career?
Become a family nurse practitioner with a certificate from Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College
The Post-Master’s Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) Certificate prepares registered nurses who already have master’s degrees to address the healthcare needs of rural and underserved communities. Advance your nursing education with a program that is designed around your working schedule.
- Earn the certification in less than two years
- Balance coursework with your professional and family responsibilities through this part-time program
- The demand for family nurse practitioners is high in rural areas that have physician shortages
- SMWC’s nursing program is accredited by the Indiana State Board of Nursing, the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and the regional Higher Learning Commission
- Hands on learning with 500 clinical hours required focusing on family, women and children, and mental health conditions
Small is beautiful
Classes start in January 2020
This dynamic educational experience focuses on helping you serve rural and underserved communities.
Financial Aid Available
Start a conversation about all of your financial aid options.visit financial aid
There’s nothing like it anywhere in the world
Saint Mary-of-the-Woods is home to historic architecture, the shrine of the United States’ 8th Catholic saint, a bustling sports and recreation center, and a community of people who want to see you succeed.Go Virtual
Meet program director Felicia Stewart
We are family
SMWC’s nursing students and faculty lift each other up and help each other succeed.Learn more
Prepare for your future
Being a nurse practitioner can offer you many different career opportunities within midwifery, pediatrics, oncology, geriatrics as well as becoming a clinical nurse specialist, a nurse advocate or a nurse researcher.