Accreditation matters. Here’s why:
- It ensures that your degree is recognized by employers, professional associations, and other accredited institutions of higher education.
- It is an assurance to students and the public that we meet or exceed standards for quality of curriculum, fiscal stability, faculty and learner services.
The College participates in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) as an approved member of Indiana SARA. Through NC-SARA, the College may engage in interstate educational activities, including enrolling students in other SARA states.
Several academic programs are approved by professional associations, including:
- American Art Therapy Association
- American Music Therapy Association
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- National Association of Schools of Music
- Society for Human Resource Management
The U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks SMWC as one of the best colleges in the Midwest. It also lists the College among the best Midwest colleges for veterans and one of the best online undergraduate programs in 2016.
In 2017, the campus of SMWC, which is part of the Saint Mary-of-the-Woods Historic District, was included in the National Register of Historic Places.
View the full list of national recognition >