We believe college should be within everyone’s reach. That’s why we do our best to help you navigate how to make college more affordable through the process of financing your education.
The Office of Financial Aid can assist you with grants, loans, military benefits, and even opportunities for scholarships in Indiana and nationally. Here’s our promise:
“SMWC is committed to the higher education of women and men in the tradition of the liberal arts, with emphasis on preparing students for leadership roles in a diverse and global society. The vision of the Financial Aid Office is to enhance recruitment and retention of students through support of financial aid programs to assist families with educational expenses.”Darla Hopper
Associate Vice President for Financial Aid and Admissions
Fresh Start Initiative
The Biden Administration’s “Fresh Start” initiative aims to provide a pathway for delinquent and defaulted borrowers to reenter repayment in good standing.
The benefits of the Fresh Start program:
- Restores eligibility to receive federal student aid, so borrowers can return to college and complete their course of study.
- Restores access to repayment options and provides opportunities for loan forgiveness.
- Protects borrowers from involuntary collection efforts & fees.
- Provides credit reporting features.
Please contact our office for more information.
When applying for aid, keep the following in mind:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): Indiana residents must file their FAFSA prior to April 15th. Our school code is 001835. You will need to complete the FAFSA each year to reapply for federal and state grants.
- Review the Student Aid Report (SAR): You will receive information from the U.S. Department of Education after you complete the FAFSA. Review this report, known as the Student Aid Report (SAR), to ensure the information is accurate. If necessary, follow the instructions to make corrections.
- Submit paperwork as requested by the Financial Aid Office: Our office may request paperwork including tax documents, a verification worksheet and occasionally other documents may be required for verification purposes. Our office will contact you to request these documents, if needed.
- Review your financial aid award letter: The letter will show your estimated aid and costs of attending SMWC.
Other Financial Aid forms for current students can be found on WoodsNet.
Feel free to look around the site to find the information you need to take the next step toward your dreams with a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree from Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College in Indiana.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact the Office of Financial Aid staff.