The Information Technology department strives to offer an empowering, technology rich environment and to lead technology initiatives with innovative strategic vision, while delivering exceptional customer service, support, and security to the College user community.
How do I get technical support?
- Year-round: Monday-Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM
- Additional Hours when Campus Classes are in session: Sunday-Thursday 6 PM – 8 PM
- We are closed with the Campus and/or Library are closed (e.g. Holidays)
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I do when I cannot login to my account?
- You can reset your password from the Student or Faculty portal, if you have signed into the Portal before.
- Visit http://my.smwc.edu
- Click Login and choose your portal (Student Portal Homepage or Faculty Portal Homepage)
- Click “Forgot your Password”
- Enter your Username and Email address and click Submit
- Answer the security questions (you answered these the first time you logged in)
- Follow the steps to create a new password
- Remember to update your mobile devices with your new password
- Call the Helpdesk at (812) 535-1177
- Submit a reset request form
I just reset my password and not it’s not working. What do I do?
- Update saved passwords on your mobile devices (phones and tablets) and your browsers and/or Keychain (for Mac users)
- Wait 1 hour and try again
- If it is still not working (or you don’t have an hour to wait), you can call the Helpdesk.
I am having trouble with my Brightspace courses. What do I do?
- If you cannot login, call the Helpdesk.
- Once you are able to login, look for the End User Support section on your homepage (the first page you reach when you login).
- You have access through this area to 24/7 assistance from Brightspace Experts
You must launch your request from help from this link in order to get assistance. You can request a phone call if you are more comfortable talking with someone for help.
I do not have Microsoft Office on my computer. How do I get it?
- Visit office.com and sign in with your SMWC email address and password
- To install on your computer, click the Install Apps button and follow the steps to install
- You may also use the Office Online apps from the office.com website
I need software other than Office for my coursework. Where do I go?
Visit http://smwc.onthehub.com and browse the software offered at an educational discount. Create an account using your SMWC email address and you can purchase the package you need.