2014-2015 Music Audition Dates
Auditions are required for each prospective music major.
Auditions begin at 1:00pm Eastern Time unless noted otherwise below:
- Saturday, Sept. 27, 2014
- Friday, Nov. 14, 2014
- Saturday, Jan. 31, 2015
- Monday, Feb. 16, 2015
- Saturday, March 7, 2015
Please contact Tracy Richardson if you have questions about preparing for, or would like to schedule, an audition.
* For students who live more than 5 hours from campus.
- Exact dates of Scholarship Auditions must be confirmed by calling the Music and Theatre Department at (812) 535-5154.
- The candidate will perform for members of the music faculty. Teachers and parents may be present.
- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College will provide an accompanist. Candidates should send a copy of the audition materials to the Music Area Coordinator at least two weeks prior to the scheduled audition.
- Voice and Piano Candidates must perform two pieces in contrasting styles from Baroque, Classical, Romantic or Modern Repertoire. Piano and Voice auditions should be from memory. Candidates performing from memory should bring copies of the pieces for the examiners' use.
- The examiner may, at his/her discretion, stop the performance of any piece when he/she has heard enough to form a judgment. Candidates should observe da capo and dal segno signs, but other repeats of more than a few bars should not be played in the audition unless an examiner asks for them.
- Following auditions, the Music Area Faculty make recommendations to the Office of Admissions/Financial Aid regarding awards.