Employment at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College
Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College (SMWC) is a coeducational, Catholic liberal arts college located approximately 75 miles west of Indianapolis, in Saint Mary of the Woods, IN. Founded in 1840 by Saint Mother Theodore Guerin and the Sisters of Providence, SMWC has a longstanding reputation for individualized instruction in residential and online, undergraduate and graduate programs. Nominated for the National Register of Historic Places, the 67-acre campus provides a beautiful backdrop for personal enrichment and academic excellence.
At SMWC, you can experience the caring, respectful and talented college community fosters a sense of belonging. Employees are encouraged to take advantage of employee/family educational benefits, a wellness program and fitness facility, college/community volunteer programs, arts and cultural activities, and more. The location provides opportunities to explore local and state natural, recreational and historic sites or enjoy top cultural entertainment and sporting venues in five major U.S. cities, within a few hours of campus – Cincinnati, Chicago, Indianapolis, Louisville and St. Louis.
Mission and Values
The mission of the Office of Human Resources is to provide courteous and excellent service as well as providing support and assistance with recruitment, retention, compensation, benefits, and training to the College’s employees.
The Human Resources Department provides support to the College’s mission, values, visions, and objectives by administering a wide-range of human resource services that:
- Provide employees with educational opportunities for lifelong learning to enhance employee’s personal and professional growth.
- To help recruit, retain and develop a highly competent, diverse workforce that supports the mission, vision and values of SMWC.
- Provide services to a diverse group of employees including our students.
- Treat everyone with empathy, understanding, dignity, and create an environment of openness, trust and respect.
- Strive to exhibit the vision and values of the College in day-to-day activities.
- Provide support for faculty and staff concerning decisions that affect them.
- Follows affirmative action hiring practices to encourage racial and ethnic diversity in the workplace.
- Provide professional guidance to college administrators, faculty, and staff to promote, recruit, and retain qualified employees.
- Create and maintain an environment that supports, develops and cares for the well-being of the employees.