RN to BSN Woods Online Program
Take the next step in your career. Complete your bachelor’s degree in nursing at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College.
Learn to lead in the healthcare industry with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from SMWC. If you are a licensed registered nurse, now is the time to complete your BSN. When a leadership opportunity presents itself, you need to be ready. At the Woods, you will learn to be prepared for those opportunities and empowered to pursue leadership positions in a variety of nursing careers.
This new major seeks to help women and men who hold an associate’s degree and nursing license complete a bachelor’s degree. Through the RN to BSN major, graduates will enhance their knowledge, skills and abilities; and ultimately, it will have a positive impact in their current nursing setting. Students will develop critical thinking skills, hone writing skills, gain leadership, teamwork and management skills, which will lead to improved problem solving and critical reasoning.
Complete Your Nursing Degree Online
Woods Online RN to BSN completion program offers:
- A unique capstone nursing experience
- Fully online classes with no residency period required
- Capstone practicum at current employment setting
- Access to course information online 24 hours a day
- Development of skills for lifelong learning
- The ability to go part-time as well as full-time
Admission to the RN-BSN Program
- Associate’s degree with at least 2.5 GPA
- Current and active RN license
- Must provide a copy of a valid picture ID
- Must pass a background check or provide a current background check
- Online: Get started in the Woods Online distance education program with the online net price calculator.
The RN to BSN online program is offered in an 8-week online format. This means the course can be completed in 4 semesters spanning 20-24 months (depending on whether a summer term is utilized). If transfer credit above the 30 hours of General Studies is applied, then completion could be as short as 3 semesters spanning 12-18 months (again depending on whether a summer term is utilized).
Unlike other online nursing programs and online RN to BSN programs, this program is based upon a cohort model which means that students are part of a group of RNs who will progress through the program together.
SMWC does recognize an associate of science degree from other accredited institutions and will accept the Indiana statewide transfer general education core of thirty (30) hours. To meet the SMWC Woods Core requirements; an additional nine (9) hours must be taken which are unique to the SMWC Woods Core curriculum and cannot be transferred.
Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College is fully-accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges.