Financial Aid Office
SMWC is committed to the higher education of women and men in the tradition of the liberal arts, with emphasis on preparing students for leadership roles in a diverse and global society.
The mission of the Financial Aid Office is to enhance recruitment and retention of students through support of financial aid programs to assist families with educational expenses.
- Do you need help getting started? Read our 6-step guide to applying for financial aid.
- 2013-2014 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is now available. To complete the application go to: www.fafsa.gov.
Remember....this application is FREE & EASY
INDIANA, undergraduate residents must file the FAFSA by the March 10th deadline to be considered for State grants!!
SMWC School Code: 001835
- Due to Federal Privacy regulations, all correspondence will be sent to the student's SMWC email account.
- Award Letters for registered Campus students have been emailed to your SMWC account. Please review the award letter and contact our office if you have any questions. Please take note of the following items:
- If you are eligible for Indiana state grants, please check to see if you have any edits that need cleared. The state requires those to be corrected by May 15th or you risk losing your state grants.
- If you are a senior and only attending the Fall semester please let us know. Your aid will need to be adjusted accordingly.
- Due to the recent government sequester you will notice a reduction of certain awards. Federal Work Study, FSEOG and the Federal TEACH grant were reduced per the sequester. In addition, student loan fees increased from 1.0% to 1.051% and parent PLUS loan fees from 4.0% to 4.204%.
- If you have received notification from our office asking for documents to clear your verification status, please send those to us as soon as possible. This will eliminate the delay in processing your aid.
- If you have parent PLUS loan on your letter and choose to utilize that program please have your parents complete the application & MPN (Master Promissory Note) in June/July.
Scholarships and Institutional Awards
Choose a program below to view available scholarships and grants specifically for that program.