Health and Wellness Overview
Be empowered to aspire higher and lead communities to better health through a bachelor’s degree in health and wellness from SMWC. Through coursework and real-world experience, you will be prepared for a wide range of opportunities in the health and wellness industry. Learn how to understand and promote better health in our major or minor health and wellness program.
Our approach is effective.
In our small, open classrooms, you’ll receive personalized interaction with your professors, have many opportunities to work collaboratively with classmates, and gain hands-on experience. Our faculty members hold advanced degrees in their field and have diverse experience in education, research, and industry fields.
Not only will your coursework explore the specifics of the health and wellness major, it will include a strong foundation in the liberal arts, providing you with a well-rounded education.
Upon the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Communicate effectively utilizing written expression, verbal skills, and the use of media technology.
- Acquire specific knowledge relevant to promoting holistic health and wellness.
- Apply critical thinking skills and evidence-based findings to analyze current health and wellness trends.
- Assess the health and wellness needs of individuals, communities, and populations.
- Provide services through the design, utilization of resources, and evaluation of programs that promote health and wellness.
- Display leadership and advocacy that promotes health and wellness.
- Demonstrate professionalism and uphold ethical standards related to the promotion of health and wellness.
Health and Wellness students at The Woods emerge prepared to pursue health and wellness careers.
- Health care navigator
- Case manager
- Personal health coach
- Certified health education specialist
- Community health educator
- Health promotion and planning developer
- Wellness promoter for businesses, colleges, or insurance companies.