A bachelor’s degree in general studies from Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College (SMWC) can expand your job opportunities and use your hard-earned college credit hours to obtain your degree. This major was created as a transfer-friendly option for adults who have successfully completed previous college credits and wish to earn a bachelor’s degree.
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in General Studies Overview
Life happens. Sometimes life changes can affect dreams. You have worked hard to earn college credits and SMWC can help you achieve your dream. The bachelor of general studies degree completion program at SMWC can provide flexibility to help you earn your degree as quickly as possible. With offerings both on-campus and online, SMWC has a student-centered approach to education allowing us to meet you where you are and help you move forward. You will be part of an institution that has a strong liberal arts foundation that teaches students to think critically, communicate clearly and develop leadership qualities that employers are looking for.
SMWC General Studies Degree Program Learning Outcomes
Upon the completion of this program of study, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving using reliable sources to make informed decisions.
- Communicate effectively in oral, written and media formats appropriate for the content and audience.
- Engage in supportive collaborative relationships and to serve in informal and formal leadership roles.
- Utilize traditional and emerging technologies appropriately and ethically.
- Identify the relevance of science, spirituality and the humanities in understanding the human experience.
- Forge interdisciplinary connections to examine issues and generate new insights into trends, problems and challenges that foster socially responsible citizens.