Campus Map

Campus Map
  1. Gatehouse (1925)
  2. Athletic Fields
    Softball and soccer practice and games are held on these fields.
  3. Le Fer Hall (1923)
    Named after two of Saint Mother Theodore Guerin’s companions, it reflects the French Renaissance style. It holds faculty offices and administrative offices, classrooms, student housing, lounges, chapel and ballroom.
  4. Sesquicentennial Gardens (1990)
  5. Mary Fendrich Hulman Hall (1969)
    The departments of Social Behavior, Science, Mathematics, Education, Business, Art, and Media Studies are located in Hulman. The bookstore and computer lab are located on the ground floor. Hayes Auditorium and the SMWC Art Gallery is located on the first floor. The Woods Conference Center is on the second floor.
  6. Woodland Inn (1894)
    Erected as a hotel for guests of the Sisters and students, currently home to the Sisters of Providence.
  7. Corbe House (1884)
    Originally the Chaplain’s residence, the Corbe House was built in the style of a French Chateau. Now the home of Sisters of Providence.
  8. Our Lady of Lourdes Grotto (1918)
    An example of religious architecture, it was promised by the General Superior in 1918, if WWII ended before the close of the year. This replica of the French grotto incorporates stones from Lourdes, France.
  9. St. Anne Shell Chapel (1844, 1876)
    The oldest shrine on campus, the Chapel was built in fulfillment of a promise made by Saint Mother Theodore Guerin during a storm at sea in 1843 on a return voyage from France.
  10. Sisters of Providence Cemetery (1861)
  11. Outdoor Way of the Cross (1938)
  12. Owens Hall (1958)
  13. Marian Hall (1954)
  14. Mari Hulman George School of Equine Studies Stables (1925, 1991, 2000)
    Indoor Riding Arena (1989)
    In 2000, the equine studies program had tripled in size and a $1.5 million expansion was added. The Mari Hulman George School of Equine Studies is one of 31 such programs in the U.S. and the only school in Indiana to offer a bachelor’s degree in equine studies.
  15. Physical Plant Buildings (1892)
  16. White Violet Center for Eco-Justice
  17. Gymnasium and Natatorium (1909)
  18. The gym and indoor pool were built in 1909 and are no longer in use.
  19. Karcher Hall (1983)
  20. Lourdes Hall (1921)
  21. Providence Hall (1890)
  22. Church of the Immaculate Conception
    The Church, built in 1886, was dedicated in 1907. The Church is a replica of the Holy Trinity Cathedral in Paris, France.
  23. Blessed Sacrament Chapel (1920)
  24. Providence Center (1990)
    National Shrine of Saint Mother Theodore Guerin.
  25. O’Shaughnessy Dining Room (1920)
    Student Dining Hall
  26. Our Lady of the Campus Statue (1904)
  27. The Lodge (1940)
  28. Conservatory of Music (1913)
    Home to the areas of Music and Theatre. The Cecilian Auditorium seats 724 people.
  29. Guerin Hall (1913)
    Guerin Hall is named after our foundress, Saint Mother Theodore Guerin. The administrative offices are located on the first and second floors. These offices consist of The President, Financial Aid, Graduate Studies, Registrar, Business Affairs, College Relations, Advancement and Alumni Relations, and Woods Online. Classrooms are on the second floor.
  30. The Mary and Andrew Rooney Library (1965)
    In addition to books, media and journals, the library is home of the Office of Admission, Information Technology and The Woods Student Center. The Student Center is a gathering place by the entire campus community to study, relax, grab coffee or a light lunch.
  31. Mary O. Goodwin Guesthouse (1964)
  32. Our Lady of Fatima Shrine (1954)
  33. Le Fer Lake
  34. Jeanne Knoerle Sports and Recreation Center (2014)
    Named after the 12th president of SMWC, the facility is home to two collegiate regulation-sized gyms and a fitness center.
  35. Log Cabin Chapel
    This replica of the log cabin chapel is where Saint Mother Theodore Guerin and her companions gave thanks for a safe voyage immediately upon their arrival.
  1. Gatehouse (1925)
  2. Athletic Fields
  3. Le Fer Hall (1923)
  4. Sesquicentennial Gardens (1990)
  5. Mary Fendrich Hulman Hall (1969)
  6. Woodland Inn (1894)
  7. Corbe House (1884)
  8. Our Lady of Lourdes Grotto (1918)
  9. St. Anne Shell Chapel (1844, 1876)
  10. Sisters of Providence Cemetery (1861)
  11. Outdoor Way of the Cross (1938)
  12. Owens Hall (1958)
  13. Marian Hall (1954)
  14. Mari Hulman George School of Equine Studies Stables (1925, 1991, 2000)
    Indoor Riding Arena (1989)
  15. Physical Plant Buildings (1892)
  16. White Violet Center for Eco-Justice
  17. Gymnasium and Natatorium (1909)
  1. Karcher Hall (1983)
  2. Lourdes Hall (1921)
  3. Providence Hall (1890)
  4. Church of the Immaculate Conception
  5. Blessed Sacrament Chapel (1920)
  6. Providence Center (1990)
  7. O’Shaughnessy Dining Room (1920)
  8. Our Lady of the Campus Statue (1904)
  9. The Lodge (1940)
  10. Conservatory of Music (1913)
  11. Guerin Hall (1913)
  12. The Mary and Andrew Rooney Library (1965)
  13. Mary O. Goodwin Guesthouse (1964)
  14. Our Lady of Fatima Shrine (1954)
  15. Le Fer Lake
  16. Jeanne Knoerle Sports and Recreation Center (2014)
  17. Log Cabin Chapel

Location of Offices

If you need to visit offices in Guerin Hall, it is recommended that you park along "The Avenue" or behind Rooney Library (#29).