You have the potential to be a leader in your community, your career and your life. At Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College, we see that potential in all of our students and empower them to aspire higher. Since its inception in 1840, SMWC has been encouraging women to excel academically and empowering them to lead others with confidence, integrity and intelligence.
The Woods is a non-profit, Catholic liberal arts college balancing between tradition and innovation. The College campus offers a solid academic foundation and a unique spiritual atmosphere as a Catholic institution that is inclusive to women of all faiths and backgrounds.
At SMWC, you will have the freedom to think for yourself, voice your opinion and explore your interests. We focus on critical thinking, leadership and responsible communication. A Woods education will give you the confidence to take charge of your future and always aspire higher.
- Find a major: With over 25 unique majors, SMWC is sure to have a program that fits your passions and goals.
- Attend a campus visit event: Immerse yourself in the culture of The Woods by attending a campus visit event. These include a personal tour of campus, an opportunity to meet with faculty and staff, and plenty of time to get your questions about Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College answered.
- Schedule a campus visit: See if SMWC is the right fit for you. If you are not able to come to an event, set an appointment to come any day of the week.
- Use the online cost calculator: Determine your cost of attendance and learn about scholarships for which you may qualify.
- Apply Now: Applying to Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College is easy and online applications are FREE. Get started with your online college application or contact the admission office to learn more about the College, its programs and our faculty.