If you are considering the Master of Art Therapy program, we highly recommend you begin the application process as soon as possible. If you are not sure what prerequisites you may need, we will do a transcript evaluation and advise you through the process. If you apply online, the application fee is waived - so there isn't any reason to delay! Apply now!
In order to apply for the Master of Art Therapy program, you must submit the following by April 30th, 2014:
- Completed application form (online or by mail)
- Completed MAAT application checklist
- Official transcript of all collegiate work (Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university)
- Art Portfolio showcasing 15-20 images including drawings, paintings, ceramics, sculpture and art in other art media forms.
- Three letters of recommendation, with recommendation form, from someone knowledgeable of the applicant's professional or academic experience.
Other admission requirements include the following:
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 / 4.0 or higher on any undergraduate work
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 / 4.0 or higher on any graduate work.
- Personal interview with SMWC MAAT director and faculty.
- 12 semester hours in psychology including:
- Introduction to Psychology
- Life Span Developmental Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Theories of Personality
- 18 semester hours in studio art including:
- drawing (3 credit hours)
- painting (3 credit hours)
- ceramics (3 credit hours)
- sculpture (3 credit hours)
- Other art media (6 credit hours)
- Access to local registered art therapists near where the applicant lives.
Find an ATR near you:
Completed applications and materials are processed once the application is complete. Acceptance letters are mailed within 30 days after the application deadline of April 30th, 2014.
All application materials should be submitted to:
Office of Graduate Admission / MAAT
Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College
Saint Mary of the Woods, IN 47876