Indiana Junior Science and Humanities Symposium
The Indiana Junior Science and Humanities Symposium (JSHS) will be held on the campus of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College from March 9-11, 2017.
Registrations (for both participants and sponsors), abstracts, and research papers must be received electronically on or before February 1, 2017.
- All attendees must register online by February 1, 2017.
- Submit Your Abstract or Research Paper: Abstracts and research papers must be submitted during registration by February 1, 2017. They must be completed according to the same guidelines as those for the National JSHS. Submission guidelines and instructions.
- Register here
What is JSHS?
JSHS (www.jshs.org) is a science, mathematics, and humanities research competition open to high school students in grades 9-12 who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
It is funded by a military grant from the Research Offices of the U.S. Army, Navy, and Air Force; the grant is administered by the Academy of Applied Science in Concord, New Hampshire ( (603) 228-4520).
We encourage groups of students to attend as observers and will invite approximately 20 students to make oral presentations. Presentations are given before a group of peers, teachers, and judges. This year the Indiana Regional will also have a poster session for any student who would like to present their research in a poster format.
General Schedule of Symposium
- Thursday Evening: Check-in and poster set-up at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College, Jeanne Knoerle Sports and Recreation Center, Ariens Atrium from 6-8pm.
- Friday: Morning and afternoon oral presentations; Student activities/tours late afternoon; Dinner; Guest Speaker.
- Lunch and dinner provided.
- Saturday Morning: Final oral presentations; Symposium evaluation; Award announcements.
- Lunch provided.