Saint Mother Theodore Guerin Scholarship
Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College was founded in 1840 by Saint Mother Theodore Guerin, a woman well ahead of her time who impacted countless lives. An entrepreneurial leader who was dedicated to serving all people, regardless of race, religion or background, Guerin was passionate about educating women and preparing them to become leaders.
To recognize students who embody the principles by which Mother Theodore Guerin lived and served, SMWC created the Saint Mother Theodore Guerin Scholarship Competition. The College will award 7 Saint Mother Theodore Guerin Scholarships to students nationwide who have used their unique experiences, aptitudes and abilities to make a difference in their local communities and beyond.
Application deadline is December 31st
To be considered for the competition, students must submit a:
- Completed college application and all application requirements (Apply for admission online).
- Written scholarship essay
- At least one letter of recommendation; one from a school official and/or from a community member that is aware of the student's impact on the local community (recommendations should be clearly marked and may be sent to the Office of Admission, 1 St, Mary of Woods Coll, St. Mary of the Woods, Indiana 47876 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Each year, the College offers five scholarship winners a $17,000 renewable scholarship. Two scholarship winners will receive a full tuition scholarship.
Students must meet all of the following eligibility requirements in order to be considered for this scholarship.
- Admitted/Enrolling as a full-time, campus-based SMWC student
- Planning to enroll in a degree-seeking program
- Demonstrate unique experiences, aptitudes and abilities to make a difference in their local communities and beyond.
2016 Scholarship Winners
Congratulations to the outstanding students who were awarded Saint Mother Theodore Guerin scholarships:
- Allison Mauk - full tuition - from Sandford, IN
- Elizabeth Yeazel - full tuition - from Germantown, OH
- Karen Hoffman - $17,000 - from New Haven, IN
- Annamaria Farmer - $17,000 - from Indianapolis, IN
- Logan Thralls - $17,000 - from West Terre Haute, IN
- Hannah White - $17,000 - from Lawrenceburg, KY
- Emily Hansen - $17,000 - from Crown Point, IN