Live, learn, and work towards your dreams while living in historic Le Fer Hall. Completed in 1924, the architecture is old-world French Renaissance. While the look is historic, Le Fer is complete with the modern conveniences of air-conditioning and technology. Students that live on campus find it easier to engage in the Campus community which often means better grades and a happier student. And, there is the convenience of walking to class, watching a movie on the large screen television in Sullivan Lounge, and having your friends close by when you need help with a class project.
- Stackable Twin Bed
- Hardwood Floors
- High Ceilings
- Ceiling Fan
Services / Amenities
- Bicycle rack
- Cable TV
- Computer Lab (24-hour with free printing)
- Full Kitchen on Every Floor
- Laundry Facilities
- Lofted Beds (most rooms)
- Ping Pong Table
- Pomeroy Bike Share Program
- Air Hockey Table
- Study Abroad
- Vending Machines
- Wireless Internet
- Double Shared Bath
- Double Private Bath
- Single Balcony
- Single Shared Bath
- Single Private Bath
- Bay Window Room
- Basketball Room (Triple)
Freshman will be placed in double rooms, please identify on housing application whether community or shared bath is preferred.
- School Supplies (Folders, Paper, Notebooks, Planner, Calculator, Backpack, Post-Its, Writing Utensils, Tape, Paperclips, Highlighter *USB Storage Device)
- Quarters for Laundry
- Houseware (Mattress Cover/Cushion, Sheets, Comforter, Pillows, Towels, Alarm Clock, Desk Lamp, Laundry Bag/Hamper, Hangers, Drying Rack, Shower Caddy, Shower Shoes, Power Strips, Garbage Can (small), Flashlight, Power Strip, Décor for the Wall, Dishes – cups, plates, utensils)
- Health and Hygiene (Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, facewash, toothbrush, toothpaste, laundry detergent, fabric softener, Laundry Stain Remover, deodorant, medicine, tissues, wet wipes, paper towels, cleaners, first-aid kit, trash bags)
- Paperwork (Health Insurance Card, Auto Insurance Card, Checkbook, ATM Card, Stamps, Envelopes)
- Appliances/Electronics: TV, Fan, Mini-Fridge (less than 3.6 cubic feet), Laptop, Keurig
- Weather Preparedness (Umbrella, Winter Coat, Boots, Robe) – Be prepared for Indiana weather!
These items are not allowed in Le Fer Hall:
- Microwaves (One is provided in the community kitchen located on each floor)
- Air Conditioner
- Alcohol/Illegal Drugs
- Pets (Only Fish are allowed)
- Open Coil Appliances (Toaster, toaster oven)
- Portable Heaters
- Wall-Mounted TVs
Le Fer Hall Box [###]
1 St Mary of Woods Coll
St Mary of the Woods, IN 47876
Frequently Asked Questions about Housing:
- What is the best type of room?
- Every room in Le Fer Hall is unique and you will soon determine what your priority is in a room. As a new student, you are placed into a room based on your housing/roommate preference form. For the rest of your time at SMWC, you will enter a housing lottery to select your desired room.
- Can I bring these items:
- Keurig – Yes
- Portable Heater – No
- Microwave – No
- Fridge – Yes, but must be smaller than 3.6 cubic feet
- Candle Warmer – Yes, but no lit wicks or open coils are allowed
- Pets – Fish Only
- What are the most frequently forgot and last-minute purchased items?
- Full-length mirrors
- Command Strips
- Laundry Detergent/Fabric Softener
- Mattress Cover/Pad
- Laundry Basket
- Quarters for Laundry
- Can I mount / hang stuff on my walls?
- All posters and décor must be hung using command strips. You may hang curtains, but cannot install curtain rods unless you use the spring-loaded poles.
- Should I bring a TV?
- You should talk with your roommate to determine what each of you will bring so that you have enough room in your room for both of your belongings. This will prevent you from bringing doubles of items such as fridges or televisions.