Bachelor of Science in Education (B.S.) Kindergarten – Grade 6 Overview
As an elementary education certified teacher, you can make a meaningful and powerful impact on young children. Our elementary education bachelor’s degree program prepares you to teach grades Kindergarten through Grade 6 with Mild Intervention as a dual licensure education program. The coursework (120 hours) has been designed to equip you with the skills, knowledge and professional dispositions you will need to enter K-6 classrooms or K-6 Special Education (Mild Intervention) classrooms successfully.
Because you’ll get quality education:
- Our Elementary/Mild Intervention (Kindergarten-Grade 6) is approved by the Indiana Department of Education and meets all of REPA 3 (Rules for Educator Preparation and Accreditation) regulations.
- You will be afforded several clinical/field experiences culminating in student teaching the last semester of your senior year. Diverse placements will be arranged in private and/or public schools within Indiana or Illinois.
- Your education will be shaped by veteran educators in the field as well as Education faculty who are accomplished in their area of expertise.
- Your experience will be enriched by a variety of extracurricular and/or professional development experiences where you will be able to apply your classroom knowledge in real school settings.
- The learning outcomes of the Elementary/Mild Intervention (K-6) bachelor’s degree are aligned with the 2013 InTASC standards and cover the following domains: learner and learning, content knowledge, instructional practice, and professional responsibility.
Because we offer several advantages:
- Classes are offered on-campus or online, in traditional 16 weeks or accelerated 8 weeks. Some classes are also offered in an alternative or hybrid format.
- Financial aid and scholarship opportunities are available.
- Advisors are committed to your growth and success.
- Small class size provides ample opportunities for differentiated instruction, hands-on application, and caring support.