Children of faculty, staff, and students are not permitted in the classroom or the workplace. However, in extraordinary (i.e., temporary*, spontaneous, or unexpected) circumstances and the following conditions are met children may be in the workplace:
- There is a plan presented for the supervision, security, and safety of the child
- The child is not ill.
- The child will not be in the classroom.
- Approval is obtained by the appropriate member of the Cabinet and/or the immediate supervisor
The appropriate member of the Cabinet and/or the immediate supervisor may deny an employee’s request to bring a child to work if:
- The security and safety of the child cannot be adequately insured;
- The presence of the child creates a distraction or hardship to students and/or employees; or,
- The circumstances are not temporary, spontaneous, or unexpected, and other more suitable arrangements could be provided.
*Not happening on a regular, daily, or repeated basis.