Our 3+1 program is an accelerated business and leadership program combining three years of undergraduate study in accounting, business administration, human resource management or marketing, with one year in SMWC’s distinguished Master of Leadership Development (MLD) program. You can have a bachelor’s degree and master’s degree at the end of four years!
How does 3+1 work?
In this selective accelerated program, high-achieving students are empowered to become tomorrow’s leaders by:
- Completing an exclusive honors undergraduate curriculum.
- Interacting with current graduate students in workshops and presentations.
- Networking with leading business professionals.
- Transitioning seamlessly into our MLD program without taking the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Taking online summer courses, with limited time on campus.
- Specialized internship and experiential learning opportunities.
- Interacting with world-class, tenured business faculty, almost all of whom have owned their own businesses
You can earn a bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, human resource management or marketing with a Master of Leadership Development degree with concentration choices of not-for-profit, organizational leadership or sports leadership. All of that in just four years!
What is the 3+1 Program?
Our 3+1 degree program allows a student to earn a bachelor’s degree in a business field and a master’s degree in leadership development in four years of attendance and classes.
Why enroll in the 3+1 program?
You will incorporate the strong liberal arts foundation to think creatively about complex business problems and develop the tools needed to become a confident leader.
Our accelerated program allows you to:
- Hit the job market sooner, with greater career opportunities.
- Take the fast track to professional success.
- Access cutting-edge technology.
- Graduate with honors.
- Save time and money.
What are the admission requirements for this program?
- A high school GPA of 3.5 or higher
- An SAT score of 1100 or higher or an ACT score of 24 or higher
- Two teacher recommendations
- Excellent writing skills
- Transfer students need a minimum of 15 credits with a GPA of 3.5 or higher
What is the average annual salary of someone with a business master’s degree?
Jobs in business management occupations are projected to grow at 8% by 2031, faster than the average for all occupations. The average salary of people with a master’s degree is $81,848, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
What support and resources are provided at SMWC?
The Learning Resource Center (LRC) provides exceptional, personalized learning resource services to encourage student success. The LRC offers help with a range of academic support services, including a writing center, tutoring, college success courses and more.
Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College is routinely ranked by US News and World Report among the Best Regional Universities in the Midwest and the Best Value Schools. Our departments are also routinely ranked for their individual degree programs.
See the SMWC Difference: