New Student Orientation 2017
The New Student Orientation is designed to help new students begin their transition into college and to find a sense of belonging at The Woods. The program has something for all of our new students, including first year, transfer, and international students. Orientation includes events, conversations, and activities that enrich your Woods experience and help you feel at home.
New Student Orientation is designed to help you:
- Connect and build relationships with other new students and current students;
- Become more familiar with The Wood’s campus and your new community;
- Prepare for the academic expectations of being a Wood’s student;
- Discover opportunities for involvement on campus;
- Understand the importance of responsible decision-making; and
- Explore campus resources to assist you in your transition and throughout your first year.
As a new student, there will be plenty of academic and social programs throughout New Student Orientation to help you meet your classmates, make friends, and learn your way around The Woods. Our student staff, the Orientation Leaders, will guide you through New Student Orientation so that you will always have an experienced Pomeroy close at hand to answer your questions and help you feel welcomed.
Programs for parents and families will end on Thursday, August 17th at 6 p.m. The first day of classes is Tuesday, August 22, 2017.