Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Management (B.S.) Overview
With a human resource management degree, you’ll develop the confidence and determination to become a key factor in administering your organization’s staff.
This program’s curriculum is fully aligned with the Society for Human Resource Management’s HR curriculum guidebook and templates. We are among only a handful of programs in Indiana which acquired this honor. This means as a graduate of this program, you will be eligible to apply for the SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) exam, a great way to start your HR career!
At SMWC, you will be prepared for a variety of human resources jobs by learning how to:
- Analyze the needs of an organization and develop creative solutions
- Evaluate the work environment to increase effectiveness and add value
- Oversee training, safety and wellness of an organization’s employees
- Enact comprehensive strategies for employee management
With our general business core, you will develop your ability to manage a broad variety of corporate challenges, while specific HRM coursework shows you how to think conceptually about the dynamic world of management.
Managers agree that an HR Department can enhance morale and productivity and decrease job turnover by providing training and development to improve skills and increase employee satisfaction. With experience, graduates can expect a rich career beyond a human resource generalist. These include:
- Director of Human Resources
- Employment and Placement Managers
- EEO Officers or Affirmative Action Coordinators
- Employer Relations Manager
- Job Analyst
- Compensation Manager
- Director of Industrial Relations
- Labor Relations Manager
- Conciliator, Mediator or Arbitrator